Pages

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Spring Things From A Flea




Do you get a different energy after a holiday goes by? I certainly do. And this time I couldn't wait to get out of the door into the open air to see what I could find! I took a country drive to find a couple of out of the way places that I hadn't visited for a long while. I always know with a certainty that I will find something wonderful, big or small in the most unlikely of places. 




Before I show you what I found, I have to introduce you to a couple of new friends. This is Piper (from Barnes & Noble). Piper came to stay for Easter and is modeling a wonderful vintage vest we found for him to wear on a country picnic. As you can see, Piper enjoyed a delightful feast and almost burst his buttons! (Just like the rest of us....) 




Piper came home with our new friend Binky (also B&N) who happens to be the perfect size for a perky vintage pink and chocolate (yum!) crocheted dress that seemed to be waiting just for her! (Don't you just love chocolate bunnies?)




You have already met Miss Helen who found a jaunty bonnet to wear for the occasion, but is still missing her dainty shoe. (Gone forever, I fear...) (Click here for more about Miss Helen if you missed it.)



They needed a little help for their selfies! Aren't new friends grand? The girls enjoyed having them to tea.



Here are a few of my springy vintage finds. . . .



The cheeriest organy apron with floral print appliques. One at the hem . . .




And another on the pocket.





A new farmhouse jar in a novel shape. It feels wonderful in the hand!




A gorgeous old rosebud duvet cover that has been well loved. (two dollars)





A pretty Limoges tray (with a repair) for our garden party tea cakes. (two-fifty)







And another platter underneath in perfect condition for the same price! (Don't you just love that embossed detail inside?)




One of my favorite white patterns.








The basket of silk flowers is for display in the shop. . . . (five dollars)



I hope your week is off to a cheery start too!

So much to do!

So glad you came by for a quick visit!

Jacqueline





Join me at







28 comments:

  1. Tutto dolce,romantico e delicato!Buona settimana!Rosetta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Piper is fabulous and your new finds are terrific. I love all those sweet lovely pinks and the texture on the china!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely finds Jacqueline!
    Hope you are well....
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your finds are lovely. Your new friends are cuddly sweet. Merry Springtime xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new little friends are so sweet...and your finds are lovely! I can't wait til it's warm enough here for our flea market!! :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute selfies. They were well behaved. Love all your finds.
    Rosezeeta.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the pink and white that you found. That duvet cover for $2.00?? So pretty. It reminds me of the print in my childhood apron which I still have.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Charming little tea-party friends - all dressed so pretty! I have lost a shoe or two myself :) I am loving all the sweet pink flowers in this post - the apron and platters are wonderful. Enjoy your week and don't work too hard! xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my Piper is smooshy goodness, as are your other tea friends!
    I love when treasure hunting finds a theme and your is surely Spring Cheer!! Rose Buds and Limoges, these are a few of my favorite things :-) The apron is darling.
    Oh I did I mention platters? I always find them too (and LOVE them), I am always struck by the low need of platters in "modern serving", and remember your post on using platters under a soup bowl with room for the bread on the side, it is one of my favorite YOU things, genius!!!
    Hugs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all your finds, the jar is special

    ReplyDelete
  11. always...always...always you find such fun stuff!

    We are riding our bikes to the weekly flea market tomorrow - we have NEVER gone - just so I can look for lovely linens!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hello
    j'aime beaucoup ces fleurs
    elles essemblent à des pivoines
    et les tissus à petites roses sont splendides
    tendresse
    edith ( iris) France

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jacqueline, Love your new finds and the embossed platter is gorgeous.
    Oh how special that jar is too.
    Enjoy this spring day!
    Hugs, CM

    ReplyDelete
  14. the new finds are simply sweet, jacqueline:) LOVE the white platter! have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great finds. I'm loving that jar and the china. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just love miss Helen. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super finds, adore the plates and linens. Binky is just too cute

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  18. So pretty and just the right touch of Spring. Great finds.

    ReplyDelete
  19. O such wonderful finds i love that amazing jar.. And ms bunnie and mr bear cause i already forgot their names o darn..andms Helen is lovely just lovely Spring finds.. Happy thursdaywith love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great shopping trip you had Jacqueline! The floral finds are beautiful, but I am really loving the new friends you made at Easter time. Too cute! The little face on your doll is darling!
    hugs from here...

    ReplyDelete
  21. It does seem you are having a good week. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  22. All such beautiful finds Jacqueline.
    Hope you have a fabulous weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous finds Jacqueline! I am loving that Limoges serving dish! I really need to take the nieces and nephews outside for a tea party picnic. I am thinking of it, maybe when the 1 year-old naps.;)
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful treasures! I love the platters!
    Blessings My Friend,

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is a sweet and charming post. You are so creative and have a good eye. Loved the trays stacked together.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your post is so dreamy with it's soft colors, and wonderful textures, Jacqueline. What great treasures displayed here.
    Have a wonderful week!
    Debbie
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!